I am delighted to let you know that a landmark online conference, “Singles Studies: Global Perspectives,” will take place on October 10, 2020. I am honored to be giving the keynote address, “Changing thinking, changing language, changing lives: The power and promise of Singles Studies.”
The conference is organized by Dr. Ketaki Chowkhani and Dr. Craig Wynne, with thanks to their respective institutions, the Manipal Academy of Higher Education in India, and the University of the District of Columbia in the USA.
Unlike many conferences that claim to be international but only include token numbers of scholars from beyond the home country, this one is truly global. It is also truly interdisciplinary. The scholars who will be presenting include:
- Paromita Chakravarti, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India
- Laura Dales, University of Western Australia, Australia
- Joan DelFattore, University of Delaware, Newark, USA
- Katherine Fama, University College Dublin, Ireland
- Elyakim Kislev, The Hebrew University, Israel
- Nora Kottmann, German Institute for Japanese Studies, Tokyo, Japan
- Dominika Ochnik, University of Technology, Katowice, Poland
- Adriana Savu, National University for Political Studies and Public Administration, Bucharest, Romania
- Saumya Sharma, English and Foreign Languages University, Lucknow, India
- Craig Wynne, University of the District of Columbia, USA
There is a link to register on the conference announcement.
I will post the text of my talk here soon (here it is), so people can follow along as they listen or just read it whenever they like.
Many thanks, Dr. Chowkhani and Dr. Wynne, for organizing this exciting event and thanks for inviting me to give the keynote.