Hire Bella DePaulo to Speak at Your Event
Dr. Bella DePaulo, a TEDx speaker, has lectured nationally and internationally. She is an engaging and accessible speaker who has addressed many different audiences. For example, she has given talks to marketers, attorneys and judges, polygraphers, detectives, forensic scientists, physicists, mental health professionals, members of the medical community, high school teachers, parents and family of college students, political groups, Congressional committees, think tanks, newcomers groups, alumni groups, women’s groups, book clubs, and conferences for writers. She has also lectured for many university groups, including the Office of the President at the University of California, and has given major addresses at professional societies, such as the American Psychological Association. Internationally, she has lectured in Finland, Sweden, Belgium, the Netherlands, Italy, and Canada.
Professor DePaulo has also given readings and led discussions of her book, Singled Out, at bookstores and universities.
Among the many singles-related topics she can address are:
- How singles are changing the face of the nation, and the implications for the workplace, the marketplace, poliltics, and everyday life
- The myths about singles, including single men, single women, single parents and older singles
- What science really does say about happiness, health, and living longer
- Singles as a potential political force: From the margins to the polls
- Issues in working with singles (for therapists, counselors, etc.)
- Singles are stereotyped, stigmatized, and ignored, yet many still live happily ever after; how is this possible? What is it that single people have in their lives that is unrecognized or under-valued by society?
Bella DePaulo is also available to talk about innovations in living, and how people today find their place, their space, and their people, as described in her book, How We Live Now: Redefining Home and Family in the 21st Century.
Dr. DePaulo is also an expert on the psychology of lying, including the role of deception in everyday life, and how ordinary people become extraordinary liars. She is available to lecture on those topics as well.
To learn more about the books Bella DePaulo has authored, click here.